Wednesday 2 July 2008

Got gardening guilt!

Hurrah! Managed to persuade Manu to join me in keeping an allotment blog - hoping it's going to be a shared thing which so far I'm yet to witness - Manuuuuu?!! ;-)

Allotment's coming along nicely. I've come to really enjoy digging - so takes me back to my mining childhood (only joking!) - no really it's very therapeutic.

Anyway, I must confess to feeling very guilty today about disturbing an ants nest. While digging a hole for the first plant of our allotment (woohoo!) I discovered some tiny 'Kinda surprise' shaped eggs followed by a flurry of wings and a scuttling of ants in every direction: "Manu I've destroyed an ant colony - nooooo!"

If I'd known they were there I wouldn't've started digging - all for four rather pitiful looking tomato plants - at least we've got something in!

On a foodie note we sampled artichoke hearts this evening - mmmm! We've (actually Manu if I'm honest!!) has preserved them in olive oil.

We forgot the camera this evening so hoping to get out early and snap a shot of the latest progress - tomorrow early doors. Yawn - better hot the sack now or I won't wake up!

Your turn Manu ...

1 comment:

jennifer said...

If you went there today i bet you got wet!!!